I wonder if when I click “publish” if this will be pushed to the Twitter feed. See, these are the types of things you wonder when you haven’t written a post in over 3 years… Which is kinda nutz. I mean, I went from basically posting every day to posting nothing. And truthfully I don’t know if this post will mark a return to me posting with any type of frequency either but that you can probably blame on kids and Twitter.
So as one might guess, a lot can happen in 3 years and I suppose my last 3 years is no exception. Don’t get me wrong, nothing too huge but some nice little footnotes none the less. Here are the cliff notes (not necessarily in chronological order):
- My first and only daughter was born which gets me up to the three kid mark
- Lost my cousin Taahna Smith, the recipient of a heart transplant, a first cousin who I spent a lot of time with growing up.
- Lost my beloved Monte Carlo when my wife sold it in a day on Craigslist w/ all my audio equipment still installed
- Created and designed n00balert.com which I poured my soul into. Did a lot of great writing (which I have since removed from the site), a lot of great videos and convention coverage, got to tick off e3 from my bucket list and had a blast (along the way met Tommy Talarico. Steve Wiebe, Hank Chien, Billy Mitchell, Kim Swift, Seth Killian and other really cool cats)
- Quit n00balert when I didn’t feel I could push it any further with the individuals involved
- Bought a $1500 Black Friday special Samsung 65″ LED TV
- Middle child threw a drumstick at Samsung 65″ LED TV within its first year of service making it a really big paperweight
- Made my first Android app which has over 10,000 downloads
- Hosted an exchange student from Hong Kong and taught her the value of the phrase “this sucks”
And there’s more stuff too (of course) which I may elaborate on in the future but of course that is presuming I write another post. Well one more I want to write is on the subject of the Xbox One, but again – We’ll see if that actually happens.